7.02.2013

Boscia BB Cream + Other Favorites

By now, I'm sure you know what a BB Cream is (on the other hand, I'm still trying to figure out CC Creams?). For the most part, I use a BB Cream as part of my everyday routine. I'm lucky enough to have fairly good skin, with the occasional blemish, and on most days, I can get away with a BB Cream and some concealer. I have definitely tested out my fair share of BB Creams in my day. Some I loved, some not so much. One that I find myself going back to is the Boscia BB Cream SPF 27 PA+++. Boscia was one of the first with a BB Cream out in the American market and I still do think that it's one of the best.

One of the main issues I have with BB creams is that some aren't really BB creams. The market is really saturated with tinted moisturizers masked as a beauty balm. The thing I love about the Boscia one is that it looks rich and creamy when squeezed out of the tube but the actual feel of it is completely different. Like a beauty balm should, this one has a high water content. It goes on smooth and feels very light, absorbing into your skin quickly like a good BB cream should. It's oil free and has SPF, so you're really all set with this product but you can wear your everyday moisturizer under it if you like.

There is one thing though that I don't love about this Boscia BB cream and its the shimmer. It's not so extreme that it'll make you look like a disco ball and personally, I don't mind it. But it's definitely noticeable and if that's something you really can't stand, then this BB cream might not be for you. This also only comes in one shade, like many BB creams. The tube claims that its a 'self-adjusting shade for all skin types'...which might be true but I'm not sure I buy it. It could work for most with light to medium skin tones but I would be weary to pick this up for those with darker skin tones.

Overall, this is a great product for those looking for something to even out their skin tone and blur imperfections. This is definitely not anything close to a foundation and if you're looking for medium to heavy coverage, this is not for you. But for those days you want to have a little makeup on, this is perfect. This Boscia BB cream retails for $38 and also comes in a travel version at Sephora. If you're looking for something a little more affordable, I recommend the Lioele Water Drop BB Cream (an original favorite from a Korean brand) or Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream (which comes in multiple shades).

Have you tried this? Would love to hear your thoughts!

Little Miss Savvy

No comments:

Post a Comment